THE H1 MAXI V8 Taking the experience learned from 3 earlier generations of V8, we decided to take next engine to a new level by increasing the size of the engine to allow the stroke to be increased to well beyond what has been previously offered. The result is the H1 MAXI V8. It is the largest and most powerful such engine available today.
H1 MAXI V8 SPECIFICATIONS:
- LAYOUT- 90 degree V8, flat plane crankshaft
- STANDARD DISPLACEMENT- 3.1 liters (turbo), 3.3 liters (NA)
- OPTIONAL DISPLACEMENTS- 2.5, 2.8 and 3.0 liters (NA or turbo)
- WEIGHT- 96 kg
- BORE AND STROKE (STD)- 81 or 84 bore x 74 stroke
- COMPRESSION RATION- 13:1
- POWER- 420 TO 520 hp at 10,000 rpm (NA)
- TORQUE- 240 to 280 ftlbs
- VALVING- 4 cam, 4 valves/cylinder
- CLUTCH- 115mm or 140mm twin disc.
Unique opposite offset cylinders reduces length of engine.
Low profile sump with 100mm below crank centerline.
Crankcase is machined from billet, 6061-T6 aluminum. Optional 7075-T6 alloy.
6 stage oil pump including air/oil separator and water pump.
Separate cylinders allow flexibility in displacement changes and servicing.
(Click on image below for .pdf version)
(Click here to go to the build page)